Mating Matters: We are wired to reproduce.
Let’s face it, we are wired to reproduce. So powerful is this instinct that it has secretly embedded itself in almost every human behavior. But we are so used to being human and hanging out with humans that most people can’t see it. Listen to Mating Matters podcast and you’ll understand yourself a little better. Here are some things you’ll hear about:
Did you know that men can tell a woman is fertile by the her voice? Or, how about the fact that women like deep male voices maybe even more than men with deep pockets. There’s even an episode called The God Who Clubs where we look at how religions created rules around dating, mating, and marriage in order to increase their membership? And, here’s a fun fact: Did you know that humans are the only species besides killer whales that has menopause and the only primate where males don’t usually kill babies? There are important evolutionary reasons for all of this. It’s all linked to our survival of the fittest mentality.
I explain it all on the Mating Matters Podcast. Human behavior viewed through a lens of reproduction.
- How men use a psychological trick to reduce the chances a woman will mate with other men.
- Mean Girls and Gold-diggers: How women devalue other women.
- Why exotic dancers can chart their income based on their monthly cycle.
- Why, when sex rises in supply in a society, the price of sex goes way down.
- How dating apps can actually change your brain through cognitive overload.
- Why making more money helps men mate but does the opposite for women.
- How to win the mating game at any age.
- Why men invented monogamy
Mating Matters Podcast. You can listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or the iHeartRadio app, or wherever you listen to your podcasts. Psychologist and Relationship Guru, Dr. Wendy Walsh, can also be heard on iHeartRadio’s KFI AM 640 Los Angeles on Sundays from 4-6 pm pacific time.